You probably heard that a happy employee is a productive one who can boost the bottom line. How much? Here are some numbers:
- 33% higher profitability (Gallup)
- 43% more productivity (Hay Group)
- 37% higher sales (Shawn Achor)
- 300% more innovation (HBR)
- 51% lower turnover (Gallup)
- 50% less safety incidents (Babcock Marine Clyde)
- 66% decrease in sick leave (Forbes)
- 125% less burnout (HBR)
It’s no surprise that the 20 employees of Delivering Happiness at Work (DHW)compiled this list and toss around the data any chance they get. The startup brainchild of Zappos’ Tony Hsieh and business partner Jenn Lim emerged after the publication ofDelivering Happiness a book that waxes on the benefits of value-based management and work, life balance.
2 | Happiness Secrets From The Staff Of Delivering Happiness At Work | FastCompany | business + innovation.